Straight talk phones and cell phones have the system that the user has to set a code to operate the phone. With a set code, the user can use the phone with one carrier. Then the phone will be locked. Users cannot operate any features of the phone in the lock mode. They should unlock the phone using it. So, the users should know the information about how to unlock a straight talk phone.
When you are in a poor service area, you don’t find network service in your sim or carrier. You will be disconnected from all connections and communication for this problem. Cope with this situation, you need to use your sim or carrier from another carrier. Maybe, you want to travel and go on international travels, in that case, the same problem you will face. To overcome this same problem, you need to use a local carrier of this visited area in your SIM. If you want to use another network in your carrier, you need to unlock a straight talk phone.
Straight talk has the policy that it has a great service for users to cover all the major networks. It is a simple way that users can use the matching service by using a straight sim card in a straight talk phone. To unlock this straight talk phone, people can easily another carrier in it. This is helpful for them to switch to another network in the local area. According to company policy, straight talk has some conditions for unlocking their phones. This article will help you to unlock your straight talk phone.
Why Should I Unlock My Straight Talk Phone on?
Before knowing the process of unlocking, the question may arise in your mind that why should you unlock your straight talk phone. If you do not need to use your straight talk sim anymore, you can use a different network. For this reason, you need to unlock your straight talk phone. Because of some restricted policy of some carriers. They keep locking their device after using one carrier for payment policy.
There might be another reason to unlock a straight talk phone that you have the freedom of using the available network at the time of traveling internationally. Suppose, you are passionate about international traveling and you are using a Straight talk network. In that case, you need to unlock your straight talk phones.
What Carrier Can You Use A Straight Talk Phone on?
Straight talk is owned by Verizon. you can use carriers on Verizon. If your phone is from 2015, you can take it on GSM networks like AT&T and T-Mobile also, because both use the same GSM network. The newer phone works fine.
If you want to use your phone before 2015 on GSM carriers, then they need some requirements. Old phones need some issues because of old models. You have to make sure that radios and hardware support calls, text messages, and 4G LTE data.
How to Unlock A Straight Talk Phone – Step By Step Guide
There are some ways of unlocking your straight talk phone. It is quite easy to unlock Straight Talk phone, just you need to follow some process step by step. Have a look on below, unlocking process is given below:
- By calling the customer service center you can unlock your straight talk phone. The agents of the straight talk are available every day from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. You can contact customer service by calling 877.430. 2355. They will help you 7days in a week.
- You should ask them to unlock the code of your phone. They will verify some criteria for your phone and account and all the necessary information which are needed for verification. You should remind one thing that GSM network phones can be unlocked using this method. Other types of phones, Like CDMA, is not applicable.
- The customer service representative will give you a 10-15-digit code. You have to write down the given code, you need this code handy to unlock your phone.
- Get new a sim card according to your desire.
- Then you have to power down your device and remove your current SIM card from your phone.
- Now, insert your new sim card which you take.
- Switch on your phone and you have to wait for the prompt of the unlock code which you received from straight talk. You should enter the code and press the unlock button. If your code has been accepted, there will be sent a confirmation message.
If you buy a device directly from straight talk, in case of unlocking this device you need to ensure some criteria. These are given below:
- At first, you need to submit a straight talk unlock request.
- Your using duration of the active device should be 12 months and also for Straight Talk service.
- You have to submit the request in the 60 days grace period after active service expires.
- Straight talk device or TracFone handset activated after 2015.
- Your device should be in working condition.
- Your Straight Talk carrier cannot be recycled
- In a year, customers can take this advantage once. There is an exceptional system for deployed military personnel.
Unlock A Straight Talk Cell Phone
1. Unlock Straight Talk Samsung Phones
It is need a code for unlocking Samsung devices. The Straight talk mobility network code is usually 8 digits for Samsung phones and also for Motorola phones and blackberry phones. The straight talk unlock code is different for Huawei phones, that is usually 16 digits.
2. Unlock a Straight Talk iPhone
For unlocking iPhone, the user has to be sent an official request to Apple through Straight talk carrier. There is no need for any network codes for Straight talk iPhone. At first, you have to send a request for unlocking. If your request has been accepted, directly the unlock will be pushed through iCloud or iTunes server to your phone.
The unlock is pushed over the air to your device. Then, the user has to insert a new sim card from a different carrier and they have to connect their iPhone to iTunes. The user has to click ‘back up device’, unless to loss their old data from device and then they should click ‘Restore Device’. If you follow these steps correctly, you will find a confirmation message in iTunes.
The message is like ‘Congratulations Your Phone has been Unlocked. without a sim card, you can connect your phone to iTunes. You can erase and restore it to unlock your iPhone.
3. Unlock Straight Talk iPhone X,8,7,6,6S,5S, SE,5C, 5, and 4S by IMEI
When you purchase these models of iPhone directly from Straight Talk, you will find them locked. At the time of purchasing, if you pay off fully, you can get them unlocked for free by taking help from the Straight Talk website. By sending a request proposal to their customer service representative, it is possible to get free service to unlock your phone.
Other Ways to Unlock Straight Talk Phone
There is an another quick way to unlock your Straight Talk Phone. If you think that, you are in emergency situation and you need to unlock your device immediately, in that case you can unlock it by selecting a third party service.
There are many websites, they are providing unlocking solutions and tips through codes. You have to pay for them. Their service charge can vary according to service. All third party services are not good and trustworthy. So, you have to be selective about choosing third-party services.
Some trusted providers for unlocking service are given below:
- Cellphone Unlock.
- Unlock Radar.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
yes, it’s possible to unlock a straight talk phone. You have to Contact Straight Talk customer service by calling 877.430.2355 for you unlock code. the customer service representative will give you a 10-15-digit unlock code, and it will help you.
You have to take attempt a list of interactive tutorials that are specific to your handset. You have to click the tutorial “Settings”, then select Lock/Unlock Phone for instructions to unlock your phone. For most phones, the default security code is 0000 or the last 4 digits of your Straight Talk phone number.
Straight Talk is a great network coverage but it uses a few carriers. Straight Talk carrier runs on all four networks these are Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint.
If you want to know whether your phone is compatible with straight talk or not, you can visit stbyop.com. From this website, you have to select “Check Compatibility,” and later you should follow the given steps. Compatible phones include: GSM Unlocked phones, AT&T Compatible phones, T-Mobile Compatible phones, Sprint Compatible Phones, and some other CDMA Technology Compatible phones.
Straight Talk unlocking system is pretty easy but have some strict rules according to their service policy. Straight Talk provides this service once in a year. For getting this unlocking service, you have to clear all payments of your prepaid. If you are not able to fulfill their requirements, you cannot unlock your smartphones.
Besides that, if you want to take help from third party service, as it is mentioned before, you have to pay some extra payment as their service charge. In exchange of money, you will get a unlock code. But you have to be alert for taking help from third party, because some of these are not authentic.