Having a variety of phone carriers has given US phone users the multiple-choice to choose from, but the quality of the services, network performance, customer care services, and the cost keeps being the deciding factor of the carrier to choose for every phone user.
As it is known that most of the phone carriers don’t own their personal networks but they lease the towers from networking giants like Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc. The non-monopoly market has given room for competition between this phone carrier company.
Straight Talk, a Mobile Virtual Network Operator, being one of the best phone carriers in the US, has strived over the years to provide its customers with optimum services, through its wide coverage, active and exceptional customer services with encouraging prepaid plans.
Its main network is Verizon which provides 70% 4G coverage. This gives users confidence that they are covered wherever they might be, as the coverage of their destination will always fall within the coverage of their phone carrier.
The exceptional service rendered by the Straight Talk has now made it almost compulsory for existing users and thousands of phone users to consider transferring their straight talk number either to their new phones or SIM card so as to keep enjoying the excellent phone services which Straight Talk provides them.
Since Straight Talk works with the four network giants, it provides a wide range of flexibility to accommodate phones which run on a different network. Although most of their phones are tuned to Verizon, some T-Mobile, some AT&T, and sometimes to Sprint based. But mostly it is decided by the network that the phones run on from the MVNO it was purchased.
Have you just gotten a new phone or you wish to change your Straight Talk service to a new sim while you still retain your current number? follow me closely as I will be unveiling the 3 best self-explanatory methods that will guide you through an easy and successful Straight Talk number transfer.
Why Do You Have to Make A Straight Talk Number Transfer?
You just changed your phone, and your current sim card size isn’t compatible with your new phone SIM plate size. Your new phone isn’t compatible with your current Straight Talk network you are using.
The Straight Talk transfer number can be done in 3 methods namely;
- Transfer Straight Talk Number online.
- Transfer your Straight Talk Number by SIM card.
- Duplicating Straight Talk Number via Phone application.
1. Transferring Straight Talk Number Online.
This is very easy and straight talk forward as it is performed via the internet on Straight Talk official website, it is better you have an account beforehand with them. The requirements are; A computer/smartphone with internet accessibility, your phone number.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Step 1. Go to the Straight Talk official website through www.straighttalk.com,
- Step 2. Log in to your existing account, and locate the activation tab on the menu bar,
- Step 3. Click on the activation tab, and your current phone details will be displayed on the screen
- Step 4. Click on the straight talk phone and select the I have a SIM card option,
- Step 5. Supply your SIM card number in the prompted box, then click on Continue. Then supply your number again in the box where we have the “Keep My Number” option.
- Step 6. Check the accept the terms of services checkbox and continue.
- It updates your new phone and number
- Straight Talk services on the previous phone or SIM is transferred to your new SIM or phone.
- Your old phone is unlocked from the straight talk services and can be used by another user to register on a straight talk network.
Note: The transfer of active services will only work if your chosen network is the same as your old network as Straight Talk makes use of Verizon and AT&T networks.
- It updates your new phone and number.
- Transfer of current Straight Talk services to new phones.
- Accessibility of old phone to a new user.
- Straight Talk claims it takes up to 48 hours for activation but following the steps aptly will fasten the process as users have claimed their devices got activated within some minutes.
2. Transfer Your Straight Talk Number By SIM Card.
In some circumstances you might find yourself just having to remove your SIM card from your old phone to your new phone, this could have been the easiest method although it also has its own pros and cons which I will be mentioning in the pros and cons section of this methods.
What are the conditions you need to fulfill to follow this process;
- Straight Talks AT&T or T-Mobile network should be your current network
- SIM card plate of the old phone and new phone should be of the same size
- Compatibility of your new phone with straight talk network
NOTE: If the SIM card size is small, then you can use an adapter to cater to it, but if it’s too big, you will have to get another sim and get it activated through the online method.
If these three conditions are fulfilled then you are good to go. Follow these steps to use this method.
- Step 1. Switch off your mobile phone, then locate your SIM card slot.
- Step 2. Remove the SIM card and insert into the new phone SIM card slot and then switch it on.
After the insertion, check the network connection at the top right or left corner as the case may be with your device to be certain that the phone recognizes your SIM card.
If your phone recognizes the SIM card network, good, then try to initiate a conversation with a third party through calls and text messages to be sure that you can use these functions, also try to access the internet and be certain that the cellular data feature is active.
Sometimes the phone and text messages might work but the internet access and MMS aren’t functional, just head to your phone settings and set the straight talk APN.
- It is fast and easy.
- No or little technicalities.
- Easy to carry out.
- Less complicated.
- It has too many requirements.
- Problems might arise in the future when another user tries to register it with straight talk.
3. Duplicating Straight Talk Number via Phone Transfer.
Having mentioned the online and the manual method of straight talk number transfer, each has the pros and cons. The last but not the least method of initiating this transfer; which is the duplication of the Straight Talk Number via phone transfer. This is done through the use of mobile applications and computer software which are readily available on the internet.
In this article, I will be taking you through how to make the transfer through one computer Software and a mobile phone application.
- The computer software is APEAKSOFT phone transfer.
- And the mobile application is called the TRANSFER WIZARD APP.
1. APEAKSOFT Phone Transfer:
APEAKSOFT phone transfer is a free computer software developed by APEAKSOFT company to aid easier and expeditious transfer of files (music, photos, videos, contacts and messages) and number from your old phone to your new phone. I will be providing you with a quick tutorial on how to use this amazing software;
Firstly, you will be needing your computer PC with APEAKSOFT software already installed on it, 2 USB cables, your two phones. Then follow the following steps aptly;
- Step 1: Download APEAKSOFT phone transfer software in apeaksoft.com and install it on your PC.
- Step 2: Find the software icon on your desktop screen and double click on it,
- Step 3: Use the 2 USB cables to connect the two phones to your computer simultaneously, once the cables are plugged on to the phone the transfer software will detect and connect with them automatically.
- Step 4: Identify the source and target phone, the old phone will be your source phone while the new phone will be your target device, and if the tool has arranged them in the opposite way, just click on the redirection tool found in the space between the icons of the two phones.
- Step 5: After taking the above steps successfully, then you are ready to complete your transfer through this last step. Check the Straight Talk Number and click on the tab where you have “start to copy” to transfer your Straight Talk phone number to your new Straight Talk phone number. And you are done.
- Fast method and reliable.
- The tool provides a backup for your data.
- Fast method and reliable.
- The tool provides a backup for your data.
- Too much technicalities involved.
- Interruption might occur if the cables are shaken.
2. TRANSFER WIZARD APP:
All the methods mentioned have been amazing, but this is the one I regard as the best of all. You will be wondering WHY? Because it more efficient, reliable and fast besides, it is a mobile friendly designed application, the application is an officially released by Straight Talk company.
It doesn’t require you to have an account, doesn’t send your stuff to the cloud but all you need is Wi-Fi and all the transfer will be done in no time.
Follow the following step to use this application:
- Step 1: Download the transfer Wizard to both phones from get.staraighttalk.com/transfer-wizard/, and install it accordingly
- Step 2: Launch the application on both phones and you will see where you are asked to choose the source phone and target phone, click “from this phone” on the source phone, and “to this phone” on the other phone.
- Step 3: switch on the Wi-Fi of the two phones and use the target phone to scan the QR code shown on the source phone and they will connect.
- Step 4: Select what you want to transfer and click on transfer. Enjoy your new phone, your Straight Talk number is transferred to your new phone.
- Doesn’t require any external material.
- Fast and reliable.
- Easier to use.
- Wi-fi enabled.
- Fast and efficiet.
- Mobile, can be done anytime anywhere.
- It requires to be a little technological savvy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Answer: You can transfer your Straight Talk service from one phone to another by simply going to straighttalk.com/activate then clicking on “Activate or reactivate my phone with a number transferred from other Straight Talk phones” then login into your account with straight talk and complete the process.
Answer: Yes, you can, by simply going to straighttalk.com/activate on your browser to a activate your number to your new phone.
Answer: You can do it by updating your phone on straight talk network, or removing your Straight Talk SIM card to your new phone.
Answer: Go to the Straight Talk official website through www.straighttalk.com, create an account and Log in to your account, and locate the activation tab on the menu bar, click on the activation tab, and your current phone details will be displayed on the screen, Click on the straight talk phone and select the I have a SIM card option, Supply your SIM card number in the prompted box, then click on Continue. Then supply your number again in the box where we have the “Keep My Number” option. Check the accept the terms of services checkbox and continue.
Answer: You can use it by updating your phone on the straight talk network, or removing your Straight Talk SIM card to your new phone.
Answer: Straight Talk works on the Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint network.
To transfer your straight talk number can be done in variety of ways, depending on the situation you are having with you, regarding your Straight Talk network, SIM card and phone, so each issue has its own solution. Various circumstances have been explained in our write up above.
Just look through the issue that aligns with yours and follow the steps in solving it, keeping in mind their various pros and cons each of the options comes with.